Saturday, 31 January 2009
1. Your houseplants are all alive, but you can't smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "breakup."
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10. You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You take naps from noon to 6 PM.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19. If you're a gal, you go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old ass.
Friday, 23 January 2009
This woman conspired with Michael Donovan to kidnap her own daughter in order to fraudulently obtain the reward money for finding her.
In doing so, she cost the general public £3.2m, subjected her own daughter to a most horrific and traumatic experience and subjected her family to a similarly horrific emotional roller coaster.
Quotes from the Judge Mr Justice McCombe's summation;
"It is impossible to conceive how you could have found it in you to put this young girl through the ordeal that you inflicted upon her.
"It is incomprehensible that you could have permitted your friends, neighbours and in your case, Matthews, even your children to sacrifice time and energy in extensive searches for the supposedly missing child."
8 years........... that woman will, in true brit justicial fashion, be out in 4 years with good behaviour.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!
The punishment must reflect the crime and in this case the punishment most definitely does NOT meet the crime.
I am sick to death of the so-called "Justice" system in the UK. Weak and wimpish, they should take a leaf out of our freinds across the pond in the US and make sentences real and actually deter someone from committing such atrocities.
OK, rant over.
be well and prosper,
Thursday, 8 January 2009
"They misunderestimated me."
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."
"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."
"I want to thank my friend, Senator Bill Frist, for joining us today. He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorise himself."
"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the - the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
"Reading is the basics for all learning."
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''
"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."
"Will the highways on the internet become more few?"
"Information is moving. You know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets."
"Those who enter the country illegally violate the law."
"That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three - three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?"
"All I can tell you is when the governor calls, I answer his phone."
And my personal favourite.......................
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."
Be Well and Prosper,
Wednesday, 7 January 2009
All the games are free to play and no sign up is required!
Soooo if you want free games to play online...now you can!!!
Be Well and Prosper,
Sunday, 4 January 2009
My good friend June at Paper Jewellery is offering Blog Candy with a difference to launch her new site PaperJewellery.net. Instead of giving you graphics for your website she is offering a real, tangible jewellery item that is totally unique for a link to her blog. All you need to do is go to Paper Jewellery snag the blog url, link your blog to it and then post a comment to be entered in the draw for one of June's Paper Jewellery products!
This is too good to miss IMHO!! Go get in the draw now!!
Be Well and Prosper!
Thursday, 1 January 2009
2008 was a mixed bag for me that fell marginally on the negative lol so looking forward to a new start ;) I know dates and numbers are largely unimportant as we don't actually know when the universe started exactly and it was def a lot earlier than 2009 years ago but...... I'm a sucker for the psychological boost a being can get from being able to throw off the shackles of past problems and start afresh lol!
Be Well and Prosper!