Sunday 17 May 2009

1000+ Followers on Twitter

Last Night I hit 1000 followers on Twitter.
It's taken a couple of months and there are those on twitter who would throw their arms in the air and ask why the slow progress. The reason is, I Don't Use automated software, I Don't Go Randomly following others in order to see the follower count go up. I also stopped using the futile links I posted a couple of weeks back, all I got from them was the follow/unfollow gang lol, yeah I learned my lesson ;)
I have no use for a list of followers who don't read my tweets, that's utterly pointless.

So, how do you grow your followers without doing all the above?

First, you need to complete your profile, most tweeters (myself included) don't follow anyone who has not completed their profile.

Tweet often to keep your profile page showing you are active. Again, no recent activity means I don't follow back.

Limit your marketing tweets to 1 or 2 per day maximum. Currently, I only do a marketing tweet about twice per week.

ReTweet often. People like it when their tweets are forwarded on and will do the same for you. It's about building relationships dontcha know! A little bit of familiarity and trust goes a long way.

Vary your tweets. Don't just tweet about your one and only fav subject, tweet about loads of em. So far today I've tweeted about football, politics, charity links, funnies etc.

Engage with others by replying to their tweets or RT (ReTweet) with something like <=I like this!! tagged onto the end. When someone retweets your tweet, reply to them and say thanks.

Get yourself a custom background and add some additional static info showing why you give value. Check out mine here. See the white panel on the left? I tell folks I'll RT their "good cause or charity" tweets and I do it too. I know this way I will get likeminded folks following me.

More Twitter Tips to follow when I think of them lol.

Be Well and Prosper,
Al

1 comment:

June said...

Great work Al. Thats a lot of followers CONRATS !!!!
Hugs June x